First of all, we do not host any copyrighted or illegal content on ExTorrents.
Torrent information available on our site does not contain files that can be copyrighted. All of the data presented on our site was gathered automatically, without any human participation (yes, we're that good at creating AIs). Torrent files are cached and generated on the fly from publicly available information stored in DHT cloud.
We are complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other relevant international copyright laws, specifically chapters concerning information location tools and caching.
We can remove specific torrents from our site if the copyright owner would like us to do so.
To ask for specific torrent removal, please follow these simple rules:
- Send your Claim to email@example.com as a plaintext or HTML mail message
containing full text of the claim. Messages that
contain only attachments (scans, PDFs, Word/Excel, etc.) will not pass the spam filter and therefore will be ignored;
- The Claim must be written in English language, it must be understandable and polite;
- The Claim must be sent from a business mail address. Messages originating from free-for-all services like AOL, MSN, Yahoo, Google Mail will be
- You must present an evidence that the content is legally copyrighted and that you are the copyright holder or are acting on behalf of the copyright
- List of items that need to be removed must be provided in form of: 1) item type, 2) item name and 3) Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of specific torrent pages (ones with /torrent/ ). We don't accept links to search results, category
browser or media pages. Download links will not be accepted – they are random.
- The Claim must not contain more than 100 items at a time. Our servers cannot deal reliably with big messages;
- Provide sufficient contact information with a valid email address in your e-mail's From: or Reply-to: headers – response will be sent to that
address: if you're using noreply@ return address, you won't get a reply;
- Important: If you're using mail service which blacklists senders "just because" (such as Office 365) or uses draconian anti-spam rules at SMTP level (which is not standards-compliant by the way) – you might not get a reply at all, as it will be bounced by said services. Find yourself sane e-mail provider, we're not your e-mail admins to deal with such cases;
- Please allow some time for your Claim to be validated and processed. If the Claim is valid, we will remove torrent file from our website (torrent
detail page will remain).
The name of your product might still remain indexed and if it had a media page, the media page will be available as well.
Do not demand any details of our users - firstly, we keep it encrypted with user's password (which means we cannot read it) and secondly, disclosure of such information other than by court order is illegal in most countries. Such requests will be ignored, if you will be sending them repeatedly we will have to alert authorities about your attempts to breach privacy laws.